New York is definitely on my travel wish list! I even compiled my very own fun packed itinerary just in case I ever win a family trip there! ..hint …hint
Don’t forget to enter the win a family trip with OREO to New York at the end of this post and if you win well, here are some places to go see and enjoy!
My Top 5+1 Fun Family things to do in NYC
The city that never sleeps with so many family fun places to venture and things to do, I have even complied my own little list for you!
Who said you couldn’t have fun and adventure while learning in the Big Apple!
- The American Museum of Natural History. Located in the Upper West side this Museum caters for all curious cuties. The newly renovated Theodore Roosevelt memorial rotunda showcases a mighty Barosaurus skeleton replica,the fourth floor is filled with halls of dinosaur specimens for dino lovers. With so many attractions from ocean life to space. A great space for learning while having fun.
- Bronx Zoo with 265 acres and 5000 species this wildlife park is a must see for the whole family to enjoy. Housing exotic wildlife like Snow Leopards and Fossa (a relative of the Mongoose). If you loved the movie Madagascar they have an exhibit featuring lemurs within a remarkable recreated habitat. A fun bug carousel with 65 bright bugs to choose from for the little ones and the Wild Asia monrail tour to visit elephants and deer.
- Central Park the beautiful green landscapes of Manhattan. You will find the penguins namely Flipper, Rico, Private and Kowalski at the park’s zoo among other animals , and a beautiful rain forest exhibit show casing beautiful birds and frogs. The Tisch Children’s zoo is a new development featuring farm animals for little ones ( perfect if they are in strollers). Small animal bronze sculptures stand next to each pen. When touched it emits the sound of the animal. A fun way to learn! The area also has giant turtle shells, fish heads and rabbit ears to demonstrate sound, sight and the body. With lots of gardens for the perfect family picnic or join in the fun at the ice rink on the south end.
- Discovery Times Square is New York City’s first large-scale exhibition center showcasing STAR WARS, VIKINGS and THE BODY. An educational, fun experience for all.
- The Empire building. This 102 story building showcases breath taking views of New York City at it’s best. Great place to take those family selfies! The newly restored art decor lobby and exhibits to the beautiful observatories.
- The Oreo Factory the birth place of Oreo!
OREO turned 104 years old in March and has encouraged its fans to open their hearts to one another through a positive new campaign.
South Africa joins more than 50 countries in the Open up with OREO campaign which offers you the chance to win one of 3 awesome family trips to the birth place of OREO,NEW YORK CITY to the value of R200 000!
To stand a chance to win one of 3 family trips to New York City!
Here’s what you need to do:
- Purchase a pack of OREO (176g/429g) biscuits SMS the last 5 digits of your barcode to 40185
“Next you twist it, then you lick it, then you dunk it…Mmmmm”
Or all you OREO cookie lovers can also enter online at www.letwonderout.co.za
Remember SMS rates & Ts & Cs apply
To find out more about the Open Up with OREO campaign go to www.letwonderout.co.za