By Carla Smith – Fitness Expert
1 ½ cups toasted nuts & seeds (almonds, macadamia, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds)
1/3 cup rice cereal (rice crispies / quinoa)
½ cup dried fruit (chopped cranberries / apricots / berries/ dates / figs)
1/3 cup honey
1/8 tsp salt
- Preheat oven 160°C.
- Line 20cm square baking pan with foil or baking paper and spray with non- stick cooking spray.
- Mix together nuts, seed mix, cereal and dried fruit in a large bowl.
- Add honey and salt and stir until evenly coated.
- Transfer the mix into the baking pan.
- Place a large piece of wax paper on top of the bar mix and use it to spread and flatten the mix. Firmly press the mix into the pan. Throw away the wax paper.
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes until slightly brown around the edges, but soft in the centre.
- Place the pan onto a wire rack to cool for 20 minutes.
- Using the liner, gently lift the mixture from the pan and move to a cutting board. Cut into 10 bars and allow to cool.
Makes 10 bars